Spend five days photographing the Garden Island from some of the most idyllic tropical locations to be found. Sony Artisan Don Smith has been photographing Kauai for his own stock photography for over 10 years and has found numerous iconic and lesser-known locations that will provide incredible photo opportunities. This will be his eighth year offering this workshop and it is one of his most popular, with participants regularly returning the next year!
This workshop will have an emphasis on field location shooting. It will also include three Image Review sessions along with sessions designed to improve your workflow.
Some of the locations you will visit include:
- Ke'e Beach and the Na Pali Cliffs (used in move: Pirates of the Caribbean)
- Hanalei Bay and taro fields (used in movie: The Descendants)
- Queen's Bath
- Makahuena Arch and Lithified Cliffs
- The Spouting Horn
- Waimea Canyon (used in movie: Donovan's Reef)
- Kalalau Valley and the Na Pali Cliffs from a 4,000 foot overlook (used in the movie: 6 Days and 7 Nights)
- Wailua Falls (Fantasy Island), Queen's Bath Falls, Opaeka'a Falls and more!
- Lumahai Beach (used in movie: South Pacific)