Alpha Female Plus Photo Contest Official Rules
Sony Electronics’ Alpha Female Photo Contest Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST BE 18+ (19+ in AL, NE) YEARS OF AGE AT TIME OF ENTRY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND DC (EXCLUDING TERRITORIES). DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND/OR DO NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. THE CONTEST: Open and offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. (excluding territories), who are 18+ (19+ in AL, NE) years of age at time of entry. The Sony Electronics’ Alpha Female Photo & Video Contest (“Contest”) consists of five (5) prizes for the Photo or Video most creative and relevant to the Monthly Theme and creativity (defined below). The Contest starts October 1, 2020 at 8:00:01 A.M., Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends February 28, 2021 at 11:59:59 P.M. PT (“Contest Period”). ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 11:59:59 PM PT on February 28, 2021. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Contest. Void in Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER:
To enter the Sweepstakes the entrant must follow the @SonyAlphaFemale Instagram account and publish a Photo or Video that captures the Monthly Theme set forth in Rule 4 on the entrant’s publicly viewable Instagram account (“Contest Site”) using all of the following tags and hashtags to submit entry.
The Monthly Theme for the month the entrant is posting per Rule 4.
Entries submitted consistent with these Contest Rules and as determined by Sony judges may be displayed on Sony websites, excluding details of entrant’s personal contact information.
3. PHOTOS/VIDEOS REQUIREMENTS: Photos/Videos: (i) may not have been commercially available; (ii) may not have won or have been previously submitted to Sony or to any other contest, including third party contests; (iii) must be the exclusive original work of the entrant and made for the Contest; (iv) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by Sony in its sole discretion; (v) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sony in its sole discretion; (vi) may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (vii) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights; (viii) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sony; (ix) may not include any website URLs, viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the proper conduct of the Contest; (x) may not use any watermarks or distinguishing artist marks (such as signatures); (xi) must be in the English language or accompanied with an English translation of the audio or visual text; and (xii) if found to be in violation of these Contest Rules will be disqualified from this Contest.
By submitting an entry, entrant represents that (i) Entrant has the unrestricted right to submit the entry; (ii) all persons whose name, or likeness appears in the Photo (“Entry Participants”) have unconditionally consented, in writing, the right to their name or likeness in the entry and unconditionally granted entrant, in writing, the right to submit the entry subject to these Contest Rules, a copy of such writing will be furnished to Sony upon request; and (iii) the entry does not infringe upon any third party’s proprietary or other rights. No damaged, incomplete, forged or appropriated entries will be accepted.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: All eligible entries will be judged on or about the below Judging Date by Sony, in its sole discretion. Entrants Submission(s) are based on the following criteria:
· Creativity – 40%
· Relevance of photo to the Monthly Theme – 40%
· Relevance of post/caption to the Monthly Theme – 20%
Each Monthly Contest Period will start on the first date at 12:00:00 AM PT and end on the last date at 11:59:59 PT.
Monthly Contest Period
Winner Announcement Date
October 1-31, 2020
November 2, 2020
November 9, 2020
November 1-30, 2020
December 1, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 1-31, 2020
January 4, 2021
January 11, 2021
January 1-31, 2021
February 1, 2021
February 8, 2021
February 1-28, 2021
March 1, 2021
March 8, 2021
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): TOTAL OF FIVE (5) CONTEST PRIZES: There will be one (1) winner during each Monthly Contest Period. Each one (1) of the five winners will each receive one (1) Sony - ZV-1 20.1-Megapixel Digital Camera (model DCZV1/B) (ARV $749.99).
Total ARV Contest prize package is $749.99 USD. The ARV represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. All federal, state, and local taxes are the solely responsibility of winner.
IMPORTANT: Sony has no responsibility for a winner’s inability or failure to accept or utilize a prize as described herein. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. All prizes in this Contest are nontransferable, non-assignable and non-substitutable except that Sony may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value. Additionally, the winners may each receive a Form 1099 or other document in the amount of the actual value of the prize, as required by law. Persons under the age of 18 years (19 in AL and NE) (as of the date of entry) are not eligible to enter or win the Contest.
If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, does not respond to the e-mail in a timely manner, is disqualified or forfeits prize for any reason, declines to accept the prize, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant who will also be selected per the judging criteria from all remaining non-winning entries received during the Contest Period. If after a good-faith attempt Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize will not be awarded.
6. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to persons who are legal residents of, and living within, the 50 contiguous United States and D.C. (excluding territories), 18+ (19+ in AL, NE) years of age, as of the date of entry except officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and of their immediate families, i.e., parents, children, stepchildren, spouse, siblings, “step” of each and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members) of Sony, its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/Contest/web design agencies and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives; (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sony & Others”), and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, Contest, execution of, or supply to this Contest.
7. RELEASE: By acceptance of a prize, the winner releases Sony & Others, from and against any and all liability and claims or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property with respect to all aspects of this Contest, including those arising out of participation in this Contest, any prize related activity whether sponsored by Sony & Others or third parties, or the acceptance or possession or use/misuse of the prize or any component of the prize.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SONY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a potential winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to have been made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. SONY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
9. DISPUTES: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, United States. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Delaware and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Delaware. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. GENERAL: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to these Contest Rules and the decisions of Sony, which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Contest. This Contest is void in Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law.
By participating in the Contest and providing the Photos to the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, each entrant shall retain all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Photo, and shall grant to the Sponsor and its respective successors, assigns and licensees a worldwide, gratuitous, irrevocable, exclusive and fully paid up license to copy, use, modify, reproduce, display, adapt, amend and transmit the Photos for commercial purposes including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Photos, the Contest or other promotions in all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity beginning on the date of entry, and hereby releases the Sony & Others, and their respective successors, assigns and licensees from any liability with respect thereto. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner's consent to the use of her name, biographical information, photograph, and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes as determined by Sony or its designees without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sony & Others are not responsible for any entries and/or entries that are lost or late.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, no later than April 30, 2021, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Sony Electronics’ Alpha Female Photo Contest Winners List, 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
Sponsor: Sony Electronics Inc., 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
Sony Electronics’ Alpha Female Photo Contest Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Sony Electronics Inc.
Copyright 2020 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved.