Kando Everywhere Sweepstakes
SONY ELECTRONICS’ KANDO EVERYWHERE SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING HAWAII, ALASKA & TERRITORIES), 18+ YEARS OLD (AL and NE, 19+) AS OF THE TIME OF ENTRY
1. THE SWEEPSTAKES; PROMOTION PERIOD: Sony Electronics’ Kando Everywhere Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Sony Electronics Inc. (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“EST”) on July 28, 2020 and ends at 8:00 pm EST on August 16, 2020 (the “Promotion Period"). Limit one (1) entry per person throughout the Promotion Period.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, entrants must (i) register for Kando Everywhere event to be held on August 15 - 16, 2020 (“Event”) at www.alphauniverse.com (“Website”) (or already be registered with Sony to attend the Event); (ii) attend the Event at the Website; and (iii) log into the Event between 10:00 AM EST on August 15 and 8:00 PM EST on August 16, 2020. The entrants must be 18+ (AL and NE 19+) years of age and a legal resident of the United States (excluding Hawaii, Alaska & territories) during the Promotion Period to enter or win.
3. WINNER: On August 16, 2020, at 9:00 PM EST at the Event, one (1) random drawing of all eligible entries will be conducted and announced by Sponsor. The winner will also be notified via the email address used to register. Winner must respond to Sponsor within three (3) days from the initial announcement in order to be eligible to receive the prize. If the potential winner does not timely respond to the announcement at the Event, he/she may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected in his/her place. Sponsor’s decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes.
4. PRIZE: There will be one (1) winner. One (1) prize winner will receive one (1) Sony Alpha a7S III camera body and one SEL2470Z lens. The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the prize is $4,899.
Prize in this Sweepstakes is nontransferable, nonredeemable for cash, and non-substitutable, except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute the prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value. Odds of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners may be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification or attempted notification of being a potential winner, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including Social Security Number as required for tax reporting purposes) & Publicity/Liability Release (where permitted by law), or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, time allowing, an alternate potential winner(s) will be selected.
The prize winner and guest must be 18+ (AL and NE, 19+) years of age or older. Any and all taxes (including but not limited to federal, state, local or income taxes) are the sole responsibility of the winner. The ARV represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. All portions of the prize are subject to availability and change and are at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in performing an obligation that is due to any of the following causes, to the extent beyond its reasonable control (which events and/or circumstances are hereinafter referred to as “Force Majeure”): acts of God, accident, riots, war, terrorist act, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, civil commotion, breakdown of communication facilities, breakdown of web host, breakdown of Internet service provider, natural catastrophes, governmental rules, regulations, acts or omissions, changes in laws or regulations, national strikes, fire, explosion, generalized lack of availability of raw materials or energy. In the event the Event is cancelled or postponed and Sponsor is unable to revise Event dates, the prize will not be awarded with no further obligation from the Released Parties (defined below) to the entrants and/or potential winner.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to entrants who register for the Event pursuant to Rule 2. Employees and the immediate families of employees of Sponsor its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and any and all other companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Event or this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
6. RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant releases Sponsor, its parent, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, employees, managers, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Event or this Sweepstakes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability and claims or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property with respect to any and all aspects of this Sweepstakes, including those arising out of any prize related activity, whether provided by Sponsor or third parties, or the acceptance or possession or use/misuse of a prize or any component of a prize.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKESIS IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
8. DISPUTES: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Delaware and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Delaware. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
9. GENERAL: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Sweepstakes Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner's consent to the use of his/her name, biographical information, photograph, and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes as determined by Sponsor or its designees without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor is not responsible for any entries that are lost, late, undelivered, or misdelivered.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winner, send your request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to Attn: Sony Electronics’ Kando Everywhere Sweepstakes, 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
Sponsor: Sony Electronics Inc., 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
Sony Electronics’ Kando Everywhere Sweepstakes Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Sony Electronics Inc.
Copyright 2020 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved.