SONY ELECTRONICS #SonyEDU 2020 SWEEPSTAKES
SONY ELECTRONICS #SonyEDU 2020 SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA CREATING A COMPLETEING A #SONYEDU PROFILE ON ALPHAUNIVERSE.COM/EDU OR SONY.COM/EDU, 18 YEARS OLD (AND THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN STATE OF RESIDENCE) AS OF TIME OF ENTRY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. THE SWEEPSTAKES: Sony Electronics #SonyEDU 2020 Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") consists of one prize for student/faculty participants who are at least 18 years of age (and the age of majority in their state of residence) who register and complete verification of a #SonyEDU profile on alphauniverse.com between September 10, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. PST and at 11:59 p.m. PST on October 9,2020 (“Promotion Period”) per these Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes the entrant must complete the creation and verification of a #SonyEDU profile through alphauniverse.com/edu or sony.com/ during the Promotion Period.
3. WINNERS: On or about Oct 14, 2020 at 4 PM PST, one random drawing of all eligible entries will be conducted by Sony. Winners will be advised via email. Winners must respond to Sony within 48 hours from the initial notification in order to be eligible to receive their prize. Sony’s decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes.
4. PRIZE: There will be one (1) winner. The winner will receive one (1) (model ILCE7M3K/B) Sony Alpha 7 Mark 3 Kit with 28-70mm Lens (approximate retail value (“ARV”) $1999.99). The prize in this Sweepstakes is nontransferable, nonredeemable for cash, and non-substitutable, except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute the prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. A potential winner may be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification or attempted notification of being a potential winner, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including Social Security Number as required for tax reporting purposes) & Publicity/Liability Release (where permitted by law), or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, time allowing, an alternate potential winner(s) will be selected. If the Prize is won by a minor in his/her state of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must sign and return all required aforementioned documents.
The dates and times of Event are determined in the sole discretion of the Event administrator or host and may be subject to change. The Released Parties (as defined below) will not be responsible for acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster or business decision that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Event, or any part of it.
Any and all taxes (including but not limited to federal, state, local or income taxes) are the sole responsibility of each winner.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to entrants who follow Rule 2 during the Promotion Period and who are legal residents of the contiguous United States and 18 years or older (and the age of majority in their state of residence) at time of participation. No Sony employees, agents, or friends or family of employees are eligible to enter or win.
6. RELEASE: By acceptance of a Prize, the winner releases Sony its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, employees, managers, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability and claims or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property with respect to all aspects of this Sweepstakes, including those arising out of participation in this Sweepstakes, any Prize related activity whether sponsored by Sony or third parties, or the acceptance or possession or use/misuse of the Prize or any component of the Prize.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKESIS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SONY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SONY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
8. DISPUTES: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
9. GENERAL: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Sweepstakes Official Rules and the decisions of Sony, which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes the winner's consent to the use of his/her name, biographical information, photograph, and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes as determined by Sony or its designees without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sony is not responsible for any entries that are lost, late, undelivered, or misdelivered.
10. WINNERS LIST: Up to Dec 31, 2020, for the names of the winners send your request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to Attn: Sony Electronics #SonyEDU 2020 Sweepstakes, 1 Sony Drive, Park Ridge, New Jersey 07656.
Sponsor: Sony Electronics Inc., 1 Sony Drive, Park Ridge, New Jersey 07656.
Sony Electronics #SonyEDU 2020 Sweepstakes Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Sony Electronics Inc. Copyright 2020 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved.