Sony Kando Everywhere – Xperia Booth Sweepstakes
SONY KANDO EVERYWHERE PRO SUPPORT BOOTH SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING HAWAII, ALASKA & TERRITORIES), 18+ (AL and NE, 19+) YEARS OLD AS OF THE TIME OF ENTRY
1. THE SWEEPSTAKES; PROMOTION PERIOD: Sony Kando Everywhere Sony Xperia Booth Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Sony Electronics Inc. (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes begins at 8:00 Am Pacific Time (“PST”) on August 15, 2020 and ends at 4:00 pm PST on August 16, 2020 (the “Promotion Period"). Limit one (1) entry per person throughout the Promotion Period.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, entrants must (i) be registered for the Sony Kando Everywhere virtual event to be held at www.alphauniverse.com/kando-everywhere during the Promotion Period (“Event”); (ii) sign-up for the Sweepstakes with entrant’s email at the Sony Xperia booth located within the Event location. The entrant does not have to be present at the time of drawings.
3. WINNERS: During the Promotion Period, two (2) random drawings of all eligible entries will be conducted by Sponsor. Potential winners will be announced at the Event and notified by email. Winner must respond to Sponsor within 48 hours from the time of the email in order to be eligible to receive the prize. If the potential winner does not timely respond to the email notification, they may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected in their place. Sponsor’s decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes.
4. PRIZES: There will be two (2) winners. The Sweepstakes consists of two (2) random drawings, each starting and ending on the dates and times described in the table below. Each winner of a drawing will receive one (1) Xperia 1 II (approximate retail value $1,198.00). Other important dates for each Sweepstakes are also listed below. Non-winning entries from one drawing will be carried forward and included in subsequent drawings. Entry is via Internet only.
| Drawing |
| Approximate Date and Time of Random Drawing |
| Approximate Notification Date and Time |
08/15/20 @ 5:00 PM PT
08/15/20 @ 6:00 PM PT
08/16/20 @ 5:00 PM PT
08/16/20 @ 6:00 PM PT
The prize in this Sweepstakes is nontransferable, nonredeemable for cash, and non-substitutable, except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute the prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. A potential winner may be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification or attempted notification of being a potential winner, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including Social Security Number as required for tax reporting purposes) & Publicity/Liability Release (where permitted by law), or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, time allowing, an alternate potential winner(s) will be selected. If the Prize is won by a minor in his/her state of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must sign and return all required aforementioned documents. The dates and times of Event are determined in the sole discretion of the Event administrator or host and may be subject to change. The Released Parties (as defined below) will not be responsible for acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster or business decision that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Event, or any part of it.
Any and all taxes (including but not limited to federal, state, local or income taxes) are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to entrants who follow Rule 2 during the Promotion Period and who are legal residents of the United States and 18+ (AL and NE, 19+) years of age at time of participation. No Sony employees, agents, or friends or family of employees are eligible to enter or win.
6. RELEASE: By acceptance of a Prize, the winner releases Sony its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, employees, managers, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability and claims or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property with respect to all aspects of this Sweepstakes, including those arising out of participation in this Sweepstakes, any Prize related activity whether sponsored by Sony or third parties, or the acceptance or possession or use/misuse of the Prize or any component of the Prize.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SONY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SONY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
8. DISPUTES: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to conflict of laws principles. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Florida and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Florida. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
9. GENERAL: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Sweepstakes Official Rules and the decisions of Sony, which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes the winner's consent to the use of his/her name, biographical information, photograph, and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes as determined by Sony or its designees without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sony is not responsible for any entries that are lost, late, undelivered, or misdelivered.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winner, no later than October 31, 2020, send your request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to Attn: Sony Kando Everywhere Sony Xperia Booth Sweepstakes, 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
Sponsor: Sony Electronics Inc., 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
Sony Kando Everywhere Sony Xperia Booth Sweepstakes Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Sony Electronics Inc.
Copyright 2020 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved.