Firmware, ver v1.1, is available for the Alpha 7 IV full-frame mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. Alpha 7 IV firmware v1.1 adds Lossless Compressed RAW in three sizes for still images, shutter speed and ISO setting retention, touch shutter function, improved Eye AF (autofocus) accuracy and more. See more about the firmware nad how to install it HERE
Key Firmware v1.1 Updates
The update adds Lossless Compressed RAW files in S, M and L (small, medium or large) file sizes – a highly requested feature. Selecting L size preserves the same image quality as an uncompressed RAW format while significantly reducing the file size. The M and S sizes record fewer pixels than the L size, providing even smaller RAW file sizes.
Alpha 7 IV v1.1 allows photographers to retain shutter speed and ISO settings for flash photography. This newest update also offers a Touch Shutter Function and improves the accuracy of the Eye AF feature.
Other updates in the Alpha 7 IV v1.1 firmware include:
- The ability to record the camera's serial number in the metadata of video files
- Improved operability of Wi-Fi connections
- A one-minute setting added to Power Save by Monitor menu
- The ability to brighten the viewfinder display according to the ambient brightness
- Improved operational stability of the camera
Firmware v1.1 Availability
Alpha 7IV v1.1 is available now and can be downloaded HERE.
Download instructions can be found HERE.