Sony has announced the new FDR-AX43/B, a 4K Handycam camcorder with advanced image stabilization technology that provides the ability to capture smooth, natural high-quality video footage. See the full press release below.
SAN DIEGO – Feb 11, 2020 –Sony today announced a new 4K(1) Handycam® camcorder featuring Balanced Optical SteadyShot ™ technology, using a built-in gimbal mechanism, which provides the ability to capture smooth, natural high-quality video footage. The FDR-AX43/B has been developed for content creators and vloggers who want their footage to demonstrate a refined quality that will stand the test of time.
The FDR-AX43/B implements some of Sony’s most advanced imaging technologies including:
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot with a unique built-in-gimbal mechanism for smooth footage while walking, running or at full zoom
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* zoom lens with a wide angle of 26.8mm(2)
- 20x optical zoom and Clear Image Zoom of 30x for 4K and 40x for HD(3)
- 1/2.5-type Exmor R™ CMOS image sensor(4) and BIONZ X™ image processing engine delivering excellent image quality, even in low-light conditions
- High-bitrate shooting (100Mbps for XAVC S™ 4K, 50Mbps for XAVC S HD)(5)
- Fast Intelligent AF for quick and precise subject capture
- Directional 3-capsule mic for advanced sound quality(6)
- 3” Flip-screen for selfie shooting
- New Highlight Movie Maker creates short video clips(7) in-camera to share instantly without any need for post-production editing. Easily share MP4 movies on social media sites via smartphone.
- Long battery life provides up to 235 mins continuous recording time with the supplied battery (AC adaptor provides additional power supply).
Pricing and Availability
The FDR-AX43/B will ship this month in North America, priced approximately $849.99 US or $1,099.99 CA.
Full product information can be viewed at www.sony.com/electronics/handycam-camcorders/fdr-ax43
2) 35mm equivalent, 16:9. When “SteadyShot” is set to “Standard” or “Off”.
3) When “SteadyShot” is set to “Active” or “Intelligent Active”.
4) Aspect ratio is 16:9
5) Requires SDXC/SDHC memory card Class 10 or higher for XAVC S 4K 60Mpbs and XAVC S HD 50Mbps recording, and SDHC/SDXC memory card UHS-I U3 or higher for XAVC S 4K 100Mbps recording
6) Video Mode is AVCHD for 5.1ch recording
7) When Dual Video Recording is ON. Video resolution is 1280 x 720 mp4