Sony Electronics Inc. has launched an update (Version 1.05) to its Camera Remote Software Development Kit (SDK). The new update enables and supports companies to utilize the industry leading technology in Sony’s cameras to develop tailored camera applications to improve their own workflow.
The latest update further supports the development of these tailored camera applications for e-commerce, speed camera systems and many other forms of content creation. Other enhancements for content creation include the following. (Please check API reference for compatible model information.)
- Still Image Capture Complete Notification: Provides notification to support constant shooting and efficiency.
- Preset Focus and Zoom: Makes it possible to save and load the focus and zoom position of the lens to the camera.
- Contents Transfer Mode: Allows in-camera image (still image/video) files to be acquired remotely.
- Zoom Speed: Offers high speed and variable support and the ability to change zoom speed remotely.
- Lock Operation Parts: Allows the locking (disabling) of hardware keys to avoid shooting and re-setup due to erroneous operation.
SDK allows users to control Sony cameras remotely from a computer. Supported devices for the Camera Remote SDK Version 1.05 include Alpha 7 IV (ILCE-7M4), RX0 II (DSC-RX0M2) (Ver. 3.00 or later). It is completely free of charge and available for professional and personal use. Learn more and download HERE.