Kando Trip is an experience--an event, workshop, retreat, community gathering, photography trip, and so much more, all in one. Participants will be surrounded by like-minded creators, learning new ways to create and share their work from some of the world’s best pro photographers.
Our inaugural Kando Trip--1.0--took place last year and was an epic event. We plan on making Kando Trip bigger and better every year, so the numbers indicate the evolution of an already spectacular experience.
May 9 through 12, at Asilomar Conference Grounds in Monterey, California.
Applications will be accepted through March 5th, 2018, but we encourage you to not wait for the deadline to apply.
To ensure the absolute best experience possible, we aim to have a diverse group of participants at Kando Trip, representing a wide variety of categories and segments within the photography and video industries. As such, we’ll be taking applications through March 5th, and then will consider all applications together--since our events always garner a tremendous amount of interest, we expect to receive more applications than spots available.
Yes, applicants must be over the age of 21.
All applicants will be notified of their status via email by March 23rd.
Double occupancy room: $1,999
Single occupancy room (very limited spaces available): $2,299
Payment processing will open by March 23rd and payment will be due by April 1, 2018 at the latest.
- Three nights all-inclusive room & board at Asilomar Hotel & Conference Grounds in Monterey, CA. All food, drinks, and good times covered.
- Choice of 15+ interactive classes on site and on location taught by high-caliber professional photographers & videographers
- Extensive shooting opportunities including landscape, portraiture, street photography, astrophotography, timelapse, VR and more
- In-depth tutorials and assistance from partner software & hardware companies including Adobe, Epson, B&H, and Photo Mechanic
- Welcome kit packed full of goodies from Sony and partner brands
- Access to test and try cameras, lenses, and accessories from Sony’s Digital Imaging lineup while on site
- Opportunity to meet the Sony Digital Imaging marketing and executive team
- Give direct feedback to Sony’s product planning and engineering teams from Tokyo
- Plus many other surprises and chances to win Sony gear!
Yes! If you and a friend would like to attend together, please indicate this as part of your application. We will confirm this with you once more at registration time.
Yes, you will have the freedom to arrange the best travel for your needs. There are two airports available for those arriving by plane: Monterey Airport (MRY) and San Jose Airport (SJC, approx. 2-hour drive to Asilomar).
Please arrive at Asilomar after 1:00 PM on Wednesday, May 9th, but before 5:00 PM, as we have some insanely fun social and shooting activities planned for that evening.
We will accept cancellations through the final day of payment receipt, April 1, 2018. No refunds will be provided after April 1, 2018, with the exception of emergency-based events.
While the main social activities and technical classes will take place indoors, many activities and classes will be outside. Check the weather and pack appropriate and comfortable outdoor clothing. Bring any photography and editing gear you’ll need to participate in the interactive classes and extensive shooting opportunities. You might also want to leave extra room in your bag for the swag you’ll be taking home!
Pets are not allowed with the exception of certified support dogs.
And while we love children, we're not able to host them at Kando Trip either. Participant age must be 21+.