Sony Electronics #BeAlpha Live Event Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST BE 18+ YEARS OF AGE (19+, AL, NE), AT TIME OF ENTRY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND D.C. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE OR LOCATED IN THE CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND/OR DO NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: Open and offered only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and D.C. and who are 18+ years of age (or 19+, AL, NE), at time of entry and who have opened an Alpha Universe account, pre-registered for and attend the #BeAlpha Live virtual event (the "Event") on the Alpha Universe platform between 7:45:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") through 3:00:00 p.m. PT on August 15, 2021. Employees, officers and directors of Sony Electronics Inc. ("Sponsor"), and their respective parent entity, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, any companies who are promotional participants or prize providers, web masters and web suppliers (and their respective IRS dependents (U.S. residents only), immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse) and individuals residing in their same household) are not eligible to participate or win. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited by law.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 7:45:00 a.m. PT on August 15, 2021 and ends at 3:00:00 p.m. PT on August 15, 2021 ("Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period all eligible entrants who pre-registered, open or registered via his/her Alpha Universe account and attended the Event will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. To register for the Event, go to https://alphauniverse.com/bealphalive/ during the Sweepstakes Period. If you don't have an Alpha Universe account, you must create one before registering at www.alphauniverse.com. Registration and the Event are free. LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different e-mail accounts or any other methods will void that person's entries and that person will be disqualified. By participating, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
5. One (1) Prize and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Winner will receive one (1) Sony ZV-E10 camera kit (model ILCZV-E10L). ARV: $799.00 USD. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize, or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Prize consists of only the item specifically listed. Prize is subject to manufacturer's warranty and/or terms and conditions. The ARV of the prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. The winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of their prize and is advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of their respective prize winnings. Prize winner is solely responsible for filing all required tax returns and paying any required taxes pursuant to applicable law based on the value of the Prize received.
6. Conditions of Participation: Participants agree to release and hold Sponsor and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any companies who are promotional participants or prize providers, and Web masters and Web supplies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, "Released Parties") harmless against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity, or for any printing, production, typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize. Except where legally prohibited, by accepting a prize, winner grants (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use winner's name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without additional compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
7. Limitations on Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected, stolen entries; or for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, telephone networks or lines, cellular towers or equipment (including handsets), computer online systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void), and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant's eligibility to participate in this or any other promotion offered by Sponsor. Entries generated by robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from the website. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor's opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select a winner from all non-suspect, eligible entries received for such drawing prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Without limiting the release provided above, and for greater certainty, Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by wireless device users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries; (b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (c) any problems with or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (d) any failure of any message to be received by or from Sponsor for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or wireless waves or at any Web site or combination thereof; or (e) damage to a participant's or other person's system or equipment occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding prize claims or entries received from multiple users having the same billing address, telephone number or e-mail, the authorized subscriber of such e-mail account used at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM the SITE, OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
The failure of the Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, pandemic, epidemic, outbreak, terrorism, act of public enemies, or actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
8. Governing Law: Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflicts of law. All suits or claims brought in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a state or federal court in San Diego, California.
9. Name of Winner: For the name of the winner, send a self addressed stamped envelope to: "Sony Electronics #BeAlpha Live Event Sweepstakes – Name of winner request", 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127. Requests must be received by November 30, 2021.
10. Sponsor: Sony Electronics Inc., 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127