Learn how to quickly and easily impress with fundamental lighting techniques. We will break down the mystery of flash into easy to understand techniques. Topics to be covered include:
- Hard Light vs. Soft Light - how, why, and when to use
- Constant Light vs. Flash
- Light placement to contour your subject
- How to use various diffusers, umbrella, softboxes, etc.
- How to use colored gel
- Explore different backlight techniques
- Shooting in bright light vs low light conditions
Live demonstrations will take place all day in two different setups: One portrait setup with a model and one still life featuring themed products. Customers will have the ability to photograph in both setups with guidance from Westcott, Sony, and pro-users. Strobes and continues lighting will be in place for each setup.
Sony will be on-hand with large selection of their equipment for attendees to borrow and test out at each station. A credit card and ID will be needed to borrow the equipment, though your card will not be charged.
11am-2pm – Scott Robert Lim, International Master Photographer and Sony Artisan, available in Portrait Photography Setup.
3-5pm: Will Cadena available in Macro Section