Camera Camp: Official Contest Rules
Sony Electronics’ Camera Camp Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST BE AT LEAST 18 (AL and NE, 19+) YEARS OF AGE AT TIME OF ENTRY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND DC (EXCLUDING TERRITORIES) AND CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY APPLICABLE U.S. AND CANADIAN LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND/OR DO NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. THE CONTEST: Open and offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. The Sony Electronics’ Camera Camp Contest ("Contest") consists of one hundred (100) prizes for the most original, creative, and overall appealing creative Submission (defined below) reflecting what attending Sony’s Camera Camp would mean to the entrant. The Contest starts June 20, 2019 at 8:00:01 A.M., Pacific Time ("PT") and ends July 8, 2019 at 11:59:59 P.M. PT (“Contest Period”). ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 11:59:59 PM PT on July 8, 2019. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Contest. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER – INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED:
To enter the Contest the Entrant must complete the following steps:
STEP 1: Entrant must have or open an account at Alpha Universe located at https://alphauniverse.com/cameracamp (“Contest Site”) to submit entry.
STEP 2: Enter the Contest via the “Enter Now” button.
STEP 3: Entrant must submit the following information on the Contest Site where indicated:
· Complete the Sony’s Camera Camp Entry Form, including submitting one of the following:
o A video (no more than 1 minute in length) of what attending Sony’s Camera Camp will mean to the Entrant; OR
o An essay (no more than 500 words in length) explaining what attending Sony’s Camera Camp will mean to the Entrant.
All submitted materials, including, without limitation, the photos and/or video files and entry become the property of Sony and will not be returned to entrant (collectively “Submissions”). Entrant should retain and store the original versions or formats of the Submissions.
Submissions created utilizing any brand of digital imaging products – including non-Sony branded products – may be used to submit materials to enter the Contest.
Entries submitted consistent with these Contest Rules and as determined by Sony judges may be displayed on the Contest Site or on other Sony websites, excluding details of entrant’s personal contact information.
3. SUBMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS: Submissions: (i) may not have been commercially available; (ii) may not have won or have been previously submitted to Sony or to any other contest, including third party contests; (iii) must be the exclusive original work of the Entrant and made for the Contest; (iv) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by Sony in its sole discretion; (v) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sony in its sole discretion; (vi) may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (vii) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights; (viii) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sony; (ix) may not include any website URLs, viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the proper conduct of the Contest; (x) may not use any watermarks or distinguishing artist marks (such as signatures); (xi) must be in the English language or accompanied with an English translation of the audio or visual text; and (xii) if found to be in violation of these Contest Rules will be disqualified and therefore removed from the Contest Site.
By submitting an entry, entrant represents that (i) entrant has the unrestricted right to submit the entry; (ii) all persons whose name, or likeness appears in the Submission (“Entry Participants”) have unconditionally consented, in writing, the right to their name or likeness in the entry and unconditionally granted entrant, in writing, the right to submit the entry subject to these Contest Rules, a copy of such writing will be furnished to Sony upon request; and (iii) the entry does not infringe upon any third party’s proprietary or other rights. No damaged, incomplete, forged or appropriated entries will be accepted.
Entrants may enter a maximum of one (1) entry. All Submissions become the property of Sony.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: All eligible entries will be judged on or about July 30, 2019 by Sony, in its sole discretion. Entrants video submission (no more than 1 minute) OR essay (no more than 500 words) are based on the following criteria:
§ Creativity – 30%
§ Quality of composition – 25%
§ Overall appeal – 25%
§ Relevance – 20%
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARV"): TOTAL OF ONE HUNDRED (100) CONTEST PRIZES: Each of the one hundred winners will each receive:
· Registration for Sony’s Camera Camp which shall be hosted as a single day workshop on September 22, 2019 in Bigfork, Montana (specific location to be disclosed later);
· Three (3) meals and snacks throughout the day;
· Four (4) classes to hone in on gear, creativity, workflow, editing and YouTube™ optimization;
· A massive video scavenger hunt on a Dude Ranch;
· Opportunities to spend time with your favorite YouTube™ creators;
· Access to test and try the latest Sony cameras and lenses while at the event; and
· Welcome a kit packed full of goodies from Sony and other brands.
Actual retail value “ARV” of all Contest prize for each winner is: $500 USD. Total ARV Contest prize package $ 50,000 USD. The ARV represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed.
No lodging, air or ground transportation are included in the prize. All lodging and transportation are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not described herein as being provided, including but not limited to meals, gratuities, parking, and other expenses incurred by accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
All federal, state, provincial and local taxes and fees associated with the prize receipt and/or use, if any, are solely the responsibility of winner. Canadian residents may also be subject to withholding taxes and are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income tax. The winner will be responsible for paying all costs and expenses related to the prize that are not specifically mentioned herein, including but not limited to, taxes, lodging, transportation, food and beverages, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, baggage costs, telephone charges, excursions, travel insurance, upgrades, and any other expenses that might reasonably be incurred by winner in receiving or using the prize.
IMPORTANT: Sony has no responsibility for a winner’s inability or failure to accept or utilize a prize as described herein. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. All prizes in this Contest are nontransferable, non-assignable and non-substitutable except that Sony may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value. Additionally, the winners may each receive a Form 1099 or other document in the amount of the actual value of the prize, as required by law. Persons under the age of 18 years (as of the date of entry) are not eligible to enter or win the Contest.
If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, does not respond to the phone call or e-mail in a timely manner, is disqualified or forfeits prize for any reason, declines to accept the prize, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant who will also be selected per the judging criteria from all remaining non-winning entries received during the Contest Period. If after a good-faith attempt Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize will not be awarded.
6. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to persons who are legal residents of, and living within, the 50 contiguous United States and District of Columbia (excluding territories) and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), at least 18 (AL and NE, 19+) years of age, as of the date of entry except officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and of their immediate families, i.e., parents, children, stepchildren, spouse, siblings, "step" of each and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members) of Sony, its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/Contest/web design agencies and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives; (hereinafter referred to collectively as "Sony & Others"), and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, Contest, execution of, or supply to this Contest.
7. RELEASE: By acceptance of a prize, the winner releases Sony & Others, from and against any and all liability and claims or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property with respect to all aspects of this Contest, including those arising out of participation in this Contest, any prize related activity whether sponsored by Sony & Others or third parties, or the acceptance or possession or use/misuse of the prize or any component of the prize.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SONY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a potential winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to have been made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. SONY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
9. DISPUTES: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, United States. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Delaware and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Delaware. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. GENERAL: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to these Contest Rules and the decisions of Sony, which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Contest. This Contest is void in Puerto Rico and Quebec and wherever else prohibited by law.
By participating in the Contest and providing the Submissions to the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, each entrant shall retain all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Submission, and shall grant to the Sponsors and their respective successors, assigns and licensees a worldwide, gratuitous, irrevocable, exclusive and fully paid up license to copy, use, modify, reproduce, display, adapt, amend and transmit the Submissions for commercial purposes including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Submissions, the Contest or other promotions in all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity beginning on the date of entry, and hereby releases the Sony & Others, and their respective successors, assigns and licensees from any liability with respect thereto. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner's consent to the use of her name, biographical information, photograph, and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes as determined by Sony or its designees without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sony & Others are not responsible for any entries and/or entries that are lost, late, undelivered, misdelivered or postage due mail.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, no later than September 30, 2019, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Camera Camp Winners List, 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
Sponsor: Sony Electronics Inc., 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with YouTube™, which is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Sony Electronics’ Camera Camp Contest Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Sony Electronics Inc.
Copyright 2019 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved.