Kando Everywhere FAQ
1. What is Kando Everywhere?
Kando Everywhere is the first event of its kind, built to bring online some of the magic of our yearly sold-out Kando Trip. Because Kando Trip 4.0 was postponed to 2021, due to current circumstances, we wanted our community to still have a place to gather, be inspired, learn, and leave refreshed and excited for what's ahead.
2. Is Kando Everywhere the same as Kando Trip?
Not quite. Kando Trip is our signature event that takes place in person every year, but Kando Everywhere aims to bring some of the same magic people encounter at Kando Trip, to more people, all around the world.
3. When and where will Kando Everywhere take place?
Kando Everywhere is a virtual event that will be entirely online. It will take place on Saturday, August 15, and Sunday, August 16, 2020.
4. What is the cost of Kando Everywhere?
The event is completely FREE to join.
5. Who should join Kando Everywhere?
All passionate, driven, content creators who want to learn and connect with the greater creator community are invited and welcome. Photographers, videographers, filmmakers at all levels – there will be inspiration and knowledge for everyone.
6. If I can't join, will Kando Everywhere content be available later?
Yes and no. We will release some of the content presented at Kando Everywhere to our YouTube channel in the months following the event. But the event is an exciting experience all onto itself that should be experienced live. In addition, there will be many activities unique to the event, that will not be available later, such as contests, giveaways, meet-ups, and more.
7. How do I join Kando Everywhere?
You will receive instructions for joining in the days prior to the event. The event will take place online, and you will need a computer or mobile device connected to the Internet to enter our event space, as well as an Alpha Universe account to log in.
8. Is there a full schedule and when will I know who is teaching?
A full schedule will become available in July, including instructor names. Hint: you’re bound to find on our roster some of the creators you’ve been following or admiring from a distance.
9. If I have pre-registered, do I need to register again? Why do I need to pre-register?
Yes, an official registration link will be provided in July. By pre-registering, you’ll have an opportunity to give us feedback on the topics and speakers you’re most interested in, and we’ll take that into account as we prepare for the event.
10. Who can I interact with at Kando Everywhere?
Besides our instructors, you’ll also be able to interact with other members of the Alpha Army, such as the Artisans of Imagery and Alpha Imaging Collective. In addition, our Pro Support, EDU, DMPC, and Xperia teams will be available to chat and answer questions. And you will also have an opportunity to interact with some other big brands in the imaging space, who will join our event as sponsors and will be available to you at their own individual booths.
11. What do I need to prepare before the event?
Just bring an open mind, and we’ll take care of the rest. But if you’re keen on immersing yourself in gear talk, have your gear handy so you can ask our Pro Support team and instructors all the questions on your list. And if you’d like to throw your hat in for a portfolio review with one of our amazing instructors, start getting that portfolio ready—we’ll provide instructions on portfolio review submissions in the weeks before the event.
12. What are some special things I can look forward to?
The Alpha magic is in the details, so besides some pretty amazing learning opportunities, you’ll be able to participate in photo contests, submit your portfolio for a chance to get a review from one of our instructors, meet some incredible people, and partake in some mind-blowing giveaways. There’s so much more coming, so stay tuned to not miss a thing.
13. Where can I watch the presentations?
On the left side, select “Stages” for the Orange, Blue, and Purple stages. If you’d like to see the presentations for Sony Imaging PRO Support, Xperia by Sony, Sony DMPC, or any of our sponsor booths, then click “Expo”.
14. Where is the schedule?
Scroll down on the Reception tab and click the “Full Schedule” button.
You can also view the schedule, and download a PDF version, HERE.
15. What do you do with my information?
16. Can you watch multiple stages at the same time?
Yes; you have to open each stage in its own browser tab.
17. Will stage people be taking questions while live?
Yes. Submit your questions in that stage’s chat and stay tuned!
18. How does the Video booth work?
You’ll find all the information you need at the event page for Kando Everywhere. You’ll need to log in to the site first, then scroll to the black bar titled Video Booth.
19. How do I enter to win prizes?
Post a photo on your public Instagram account and hashtag the photo or video with #SonyKandoEverywhere, #Sweepstakes, as well as tagging and/or mentioning the @sonyalpha Instagram account. Each post is one (1) entry into the sweepstakes.
20. How do I watch captioned versions of the Stages?
Orange Stage will be streamed into alphauniverse.com/kando-everywhere. Click the CC button in the YouTube player to enable captions.
To access captions for the Blue/Purple stages, use the "Click for CC" buttons available at alphauniverse.com/kando-everywhere.
You can also access the captioned feeds directly at:
21. Which ones are public, which ones are one-on-one?
In general, there are three communication options:
- Chat (Event or Booth) – open for all to see for that event or booth. Event = everyone at the event, Stages/Booth = that specific stage or booth.
- Networking – Find other attendees & invite them to 1-on-1 video chats. We'll keep it under 10 minutes so you can experience everything, you can always catch up later!
- People – a direct invite for a 1-on-1 chat or video call with a specific attendee.
22. Can I block/hide myself from other users?
No, but you can make your questions private by using the People tab on the upper right of your screen.
23. Why can’t I join the networking video call?
For video calls, remember to accept/grant Hopin permissions to your camera and microphone through your browser; an “accept permissions” dialogue should appear – if it doesn’t, make sure you allow pop-ups for the site.