SAN DIEGO, CA — January 11, 2022 — Sony Electronics Inc. today announced Xperia 5 III is now shipping in the United States. Originally announced last year, the versatile new smartphone will be available for sale as an unlocked model from Sony authorized retailers at a suggested retail price of $999.99 USD.
Orders placed by February 27, 2022 will receive the WF-1000XM3 wireless noise cancelling earbuds (up to a $199.99 value)1 and 43,200 Call of Duty: Mobile CP Points with purchase (over a $500.00 value)1 with the Xperia 5 III. Xperia 5 III will be available in Frosted Black and Green and will ship with Android™ 11. Xperia 5 III in Green will be available exclusively on www.electronics.sony.com.
Key features of the Xperia 5 III smartphone include:
- Fast, accurate continuous AF across all lenses2
- Four focal lengths in photo and video recording - 16mm, 24mm, 70mm and 105mm3
- Brand new AI (artificial intelligence) super resolution zoom technology
- Updated Photography Pro feature – now equipped with ‘Basic Mode’
- 6.1" 21:9 HDR OLED display with a 120Hz Refresh rate4
- IP65/685 water resistance and protection against dust.
- New and improved Game Enhancer features – including a new audio equalizer, an optimized V.C microphone6 and high frame rate recording feature at up to 120fps7
- Reproduce 360 Reality Audio in the speakers, as the recording artist intended it to be heard8
- Addition of brand new 360 Spatial sound – for up-mixing stereo music into an immersive audio experience
- 5G9 and Wi-Fi connectivity with the latest Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 888 5G Mobile Platform10
- Improved battery life (4500mAh) and the ability to charge up to 50% of capacity in 30 minutes with the kitted 30W charger
- Drawing on Sony’s leadership in imaging, display and audio technology, the Xperia 5 III smartphone is the perfect device for photographers, audiophiles, cinephiles, gamers or cinematographers, all in a compact form factor.
For detailed product information, please visit:
Product videos on the new Xperia 5 III can be viewed HERE
2. Accuracy of the feature may vary according to environmental circumstances. Some performance restrictions may apply. Animal Eye AF does not work with all types of animals.
5. This device is water resistant and protected against dust. All ports and attached covers should be firmly closed. Do not put the device completely underwater or expose it to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water or liquids such as drinks. Abuse and improper use of device will invalidate warranty. The device has been tested under Ingress Protection rating IP65/68. Sony devices that are tested for their water-resistant abilities are placed gently inside a container filled with tap water and lowered to a depth of 1.5 meters. After 30 minutes in the container, the device is gently taken out and its functions and features are tested. Note this model has a cap less USB port to connect and charge. The USB port needs to be completely dry before charging
6. Effective only when connecting with the 3.5mm audio jack
10. Qualcomm Snapdragon is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Qualcomm and Snapdragon are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries, used with permission.