Here at AlphaUniverse.com we’re working to bring you content that will inspire you and keep your creative juices flowing as social distancing becomes the watch words of the day. See how the Sony Alpha community is coming together and pushing through to the other side of the coronavirus shutdown in this week’s roundup of articles. Learn more about #CreatorConversations – your opportunity to directly connect with other creators during social distancing and stay tuned to AlphaUniverse.com for more.
Check out these ways to stay connected with other creators during social isolation.
Sony Alpha #CreatorConversations
Join these virtual meetups for the opportunity to connect and ask questions live with our lineup of Artisans of Imagery and members of the Alpha Imaging Collective. See the next scheduled meetup below and click the link to register. Check the Alpha Universe calendar for future virtual meetups as they are announced.
- Tuesday, March 31 at 3pm ET/12pm PT: Sony Alpha #CreatorConversations: Staying Positive In Challenging Times With Caroline Jensen, Erin Sullivan, and Paul Gero
#CreatorConversations On Instagram
Hosted by @sonyalpha on Instagram, these AMA (Ask My Anything) sessions invite followers to ask their favorite creatives questions in the comments. See the highlights from those featured so far below, and follow @sonyalpha and #CreatorConversations for more.
- AMA With Dave Krugman
- AMA With Nate Luebbe
- AMA With Chris Orwig
- AMA With Autumn Schrock
- AMA With Quay Hu
Content For Creators During Social Isolation
Ways To Stay Creative During COVID-19
- Brooke Shaden's How-To Guide To Self-Portraits, A Creative Outlet As We Practice Social Distancing – During social distancing, Sony Artisan Brooke Shaden shares how to make dynamic self portraits, from composition to shooting techniques to gear, and tips for how you can do it too.
- Macro Therapy With Caroline Jensen: Quick Start Guide – In the first session of Macro Therapy Caroline Jensen, the Sony Artisan shares her quick start guide on choosing your camera setting for macro photography.
- Portraits On The Porch – See how Sony Artisan and portrait photographer Paul Gero has found a way to create family portraits during social isolation.
- Alpha Universe Podcast, Guest Host Chris Orwig Talks With Caroline Jensen About Moving Forward Through Unprecedented Times – Over the coming weeks, Chris Orwig will be interviewing his friends, mentors and colleagues to talk about what they are doing to move forward in these days of social distancing and isolation. In the first in this mini series, Orwig talks with Caroline Jensen.
- 5 Tips To Take Better Portraits Today – Sony Artisan & professional portrait photography Miguel Quiles shares five tips to start taking better portraits today.
- Mic-Anthony Hay On The Power Of Sharing Authentic Moments – Mic-Anthony Hay (@micanthonyhay) of the Alpha Collective shares how he captures raw and authentic moments to share with others.
- See How These Photographers Are Beating Social Isolation With Creativity This Instagram Follow Friday – See this week's group of featured Sony shooters who are still finding ways to create during social isolation.
- A New York Photographer Captures Rooftop Culture And Discovers How To Date In The Age Of Coronavirus – Jeremy Cohen (@jermcohen) of the Alpha Collective shares how he's capturing NYC's rooftop culture during quarantine.
- How Do I Clean & Disinfect My Camera – See how to disinfect your camera bodies, lenses and studio gear with various household cleansers.
- How To Use Your Sony Alpha And RX Cameras For Live-Streaming – As you stay connected with friends and family, your Sony Alpha or RX camera can be a high-quality live-streaming powerhouse. Here's how to do it.
The Business Side
- Alpha Female: Hallease Narvaez On Being A Successful Blogger – Digital storyteller Hallease Narvaez shares how she creates videos to tackle social issues and inspire women in creative careers.
- A Creator's Guide To Beating The Coronavirus Downturn – Business savvy and smart marketing helps professional photographers overcome the current challenges of working in an economic downturn.
- The PRO-Files: Resources To Help Photographers Weather The Coronavirus Economic Storm – A rundown of resources to help you navigate through this growing financial hardship.